Study Abroad Program leader training
From: The Global Education Office
The Global Education Office (GEO) offers several trainings throughout the academic year to support faculty and administrators in their efforts to lead study abroad programs. Virginia Tech Policy 1070: Global Travel Policy requires university employees leading either credit-bearing or co-curricular student groups abroad to complete training with GEO prior to departure. Please register online by Oct. 3 for fall sessions.
New Program Leader Training (Oct. 17, 8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.) is designed to provide program leaders and those supporting programs with the tools and resources to lead students abroad, meeting training requirements. * A main focus of the training is health, safety, and risk management, including best practice in leading students abroad and compliance with university policy and procedure, all with the goal of enabling a safe, successful experience. The agenda for this session ends with a catered lunch during open Q&A.
Program Leader Community Update (previously Returning Faculty-Leader Training) is for those who have previously attended the New Program Leader Training. This training is a concentrated session and at completion updates faculty/staff training compliance.* GEO is offering several sessions for you to choose from this semester:
- Wednesday, Sept. 27, 9 to 11 a.m. - GEO Conference Room
- Thursday, Oct. 5, 1 to 3 p.m. - Virtual
- Thursday, Oct. 12, 9 to 11 a.m. - GEO Conference Room
- Wednesday, Oct. 18, 9 to 11 a.m. - Virtual
- Wednesday, Oct. 25, 1 to 3 p.m. - Virtual
- Thursday, Nov. 2, 9 to 11 a.m. - Virtual
* Virginia Tech Policy 1070: Global Travel Policy requires faculty/staff to be trained every two years in order to lead students abroad. To meet this requirement, faculty leaders will first attend New Program Leader Training and then every two years attend Program Leader Community Update.
Spring sessions are also available for registration.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.