Search committee for vice president for information technology and chief information officer announced
A national search has been launched to recruit the next vice president for information technology and chief information officer (CIO) at Virginia Tech.
Reporting to the executive vice president and chief operating officer (EVPCOO) and partnering with university stakeholders, the vice president and CIO will provide key leadership in supporting the teaching, research, and outreach missions of the university. This leadership position manages a complex organization in the Division of Information Technology (IT) and coordinates with IT professionals across the university. In collaboration with the EVPCOO’s IT Transformation Office, this position will provide key strategic direction for the university’s work to modernize its IT and to develop and implement a technology roadmap that advances the university’s goal of being a top-100 global research university.
Lynsay Belshe, vice president of auxiliary and business services at Virginia Tech, chairs the search committee.
Search committee members are:
- Dannette Gomez Beane, assistant vice provost for enrollment management for strategic initiatives, Innovation Campus
- Randy Heflin, senior associate vice president, Research and Innovation
- Rachel Miles, assistant professor and research impact coordinator, Virginia Tech University Libraries
- Ed Nelson, associate dean, administration and chief of staff, College of Engineering
- Tasia Persson, executive assistant to the dean, College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences
- Kevin Pitts, dean, College of Science
- Zo Qazi, IT Transformation program director, EVPCOO
- Rick Sparks, associate vice provost and university registrar
- Quinn Warnick, assistant vice provost for technology-enhanced learning
- Layne Watson, professor of computer science, mathematics, and aerospace and ocean engineering, College of Engineering
- Lisa Wilkes, vice president for strategic initiatives and special assistant to the president
Minh-An Pence, Human Resources division director for IT, will serve as the administrative contact, and Teresa Wright, executive assistant to the EVPCOO, will provide administrative support for the search committee.
The search committee welcomes nominations for the position. Virginia Tech has retained WittKeiffer to assist with this search. For confidential inquiries or to nominate an individual for this position, please email our search partner WittKieffer: email@example.com.