Testing required prior to spring 2022 student move-in
From: Housing and Residence Life and Student Affairs
For the spring 2022 semester, all residential students will be required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result prior to moving back onto campus. A PCR or antigen test will be accepted and must be administered no more than 72 hours before returning to campus.
Students are required to upload their test results into the StarRez Portal. Students received the following information last week:
- Your Hokie Passport access to your room will be turned off, and you will not be able to enter your room until your test result has been reviewed and approved.
- You must upload your test result using the StarRez Portal no later than 5 p.m. the day prior to the intended move-in date and your access will be active by 9 a.m. the next morning.
- You will receive an email notification when your document has been uploaded, and another once your result has been approved.
- If you show up to campus without an approved test result, you should expect to be denied entry to your room and/or receive a referral to Student Conduct. You will be expected to find alternative accommodations until you submit a result and it has been approved.
One of the following documents should be uploaded to the portal:
- a printout showing the negative test that includes the student’s name;
- photo of negative testing indicator (swab or other) along with student ID in a single picture along with written test date;
Student Affairs and Housing and Residence Life are continuing to remind students that it is critical to utilize their previously developed plan to isolate in place if they test positive or have been exposed to COVID-19.
Questions regarding spring 2022 move-in can be directed to Housing and Residence Life at email@example.com or 540-231-6205.