U.S. lifts COVID-19 international travel testing requirement
From: Global Education Office
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has lifted the requirement for travelers to test negative for COVID-19 before entering the U.S. This change was effective Sunday, June 12, 2022.
The CDC will reassess its decision in 90 days as to whether the testing requirement will need to be reinstated.
All travelers should follow CDC guidance for before, during, and after travel abroad, specific to their vaccination status and citizenship.
Other countries may still have entry requirements such as proof of vaccination, testing, and/or quarantine. Stay up to date with those requirements as you prepare for upcoming travel.
For questions related to university-supported global travel:
- Global travel safety — VTGlobalSafety@vt.edu
- Study abroad — firstname.lastname@example.org
- International students — email@example.com
- International Support Services — firstname.lastname@example.org
- University-supported travel — TravelVT@vt.edu