Support the Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign on GivingTuesday, Nov. 28
From: The Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign
GivingTuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Since then, it has grown into a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
It’s more important than ever to show up for our communities. Even a small gift can make a big difference in the lives of others. For example:
- Each dollar you donate to Feeding Southwest Virginia (CVC Code 200877) provides the equivalent of five healthy meals.
- Your gift of $10 to Habitat for Humanity of the New River Valley (CVC Code 200863) buys paint supplies.
- Your contribution to the USO of Metropolitan Washington (CVC Code 200316) supports programs including Turkeys for Troops, Project USO Elf, emergency housing and food assistance, and caring for wounded, ill, and injured troops.
- A donation of $50 to the Women’s Resource Center of the New River Valley (CVC Code 200859) supplies the Shelter Pantry with staples such as milk, fruit, meat, and cheese. This pantry is an important resource for families as they settle into new surroundings.
- A donation to Family Service of Roanoke Valley (CVC Code 201234) supports mental health counseling for all ages, with the aim of healing trauma and restoring hope to families and individuals of all ages through mental health counseling, case management, and life skills education.
These are just a few of the more than 750 charities that you can support through the CVC.
The campaign runs through Dec. 8.
Donate today through a payroll deduction or by cash, check, or online donation.