2023 faculty and staff salary and merit increases
From: Human Resources and Provost Office
The Virginia Tech Board of Visitors and Commonwealth of Virginia have approved a 5 percent pool to increase the compensation of our valued employees. With these approvals:
- Earned increases for calendar year faculty and university and classified staff will be effective June 10, 2023. Employees will see any increase in their July 3, 2023, paycheck.
- Academic year faculty earned increases will be effective Aug. 10, 2023, and employees will see any increase in their Sept. 1, 2023, paycheck.
To be eligible to receive merit pay:
- Faculty must have been hired by Dec. 10, 2022, to be eligible, and merit increases were informed by the content of their Faculty Activity Report.
- University staff must have been hired by March 10, 2023, and have at least an “acceptable/developing” performance level on their most recent evaluation. University staff merit increases were based upon a review of performance evaluations.
- Eligible classified staff received a base salary increase of 5 percent as these positions are governed by the state.
Employees who are receiving an increase will receive a notification prior to the increase effective date. See the table below for additional information on how Virginia Tech’s compensation program will be implemented.
|Authorized State Program||University Implementation|
|Faculty (T&R, A/P, Research)||5.0%||
If you have questions about the 2023 compensation program, please contact your supervisor or college or department human resources representative.