Check out the Wellness Fair offerings at Employee Appreciation and Hokie Wellness Fair on May 17
From: Human Resources
Faculty, staff, and non-student wage employees, local to the Blacksburg campus and surrounding region are invited to attend the Employee Appreciation and Hokie Wellness Fair on Wednesday, May 17, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at Lane Stadium.
The Hokie Wellness Fair, sponsored in part by Atlantic Union Bank and Blacksburg Boxing and Fitness, will host a wide variety of benefits, health and wellness, and approximately 60 exhibitors.
The Wellness Fair will also offer:
- Free Screenings and education: Get your blood pressure checked, complete a diabetes risk assessment, or test your blood sugar levels.
- Scavenger Hunt: Complete a scavenger hunt card, available at the fair entrance, for a chance to win memberships to Blacksburg Boxing and Fitness, InBalance Yoga, and more.
- Walking Groups: Each group will meet at Gate 3 for a 40-45 minute walk around campus with university leaders:
- 11 a.m. -- Lynsay Belshe, vice president of auxiliary and business services
- 12 p.m. -- Amy Sebring, executive vice president and chief operating officer
- 1 p.m. -- Chris Kiwus, vice president for campus planning, infrastructure, and facilities
- Appearances from all four Virginia Tech Cook Counseling Center therapy dogs.
In addition to the Wellness Fair events, employees can relax and enjoy music by DJ Flex in the morning and Half Throttle Band in the afternoon, show off their competitive side by playing games, access the Avery Tunnel that leads onto Worsham Field and touch the Hokie Stone, and more.
Lunch will be available during the entire event, with all menu items being available at multiple concession stands. The menu includes Beyond Meat burger, BBQ pork sandwich, chicken sandwich, turkey wrap, macaroni and cheese, kettle chips, small salad, brownie, cookie, and drinks. Popcorn, ice cream, and water will be available throughout Lane Stadium.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Kari Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.