Changes to Employee Appreciation and Hokie Wellness Fair
From: Human Resources
Thanks to those who provided feedback from last year’s Employee Appreciation and Hokie Wellness Fair. We heard you and have built upon last year’s event! We hope you will make plans to attend this year on Wednesday, May 17, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at Lane Stadium.
Back by popular demand, we will have a DJ and live music from Half Throttle Band in the afternoon. Employees will have a variety of game options, can touch the Hokie Stone as they walk onto Worsham Field, go on a campus tour, get free health screenings, and much more!
The following items are improved changes from last year’s event:
- Concessions format has changed.
- We have increased from two windows to eight windows, offering the full menu at each window.
- Food will be available the entire time, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Mobile stands will be available on the concourses with water, popcorn, and ice cream.
- Meal tickets will not be used this year.
- The Hokie Wellness Fair will be on the East Concourse instead of West Concourse, giving attendees more space to visit with exhibitors.
- Lottery selections were set up for personalized doodler caricatures by Virginia Tech’s Doodler Steven White; 15-minute massages increased from 45 to 84 slots and moved to a private, air-conditioned area in the South End Zone away from the event; and Hahn Garden tours were added.
- There are three event entrances instead of two. Employees requiring ADA access should enter through Gate 2. All others can enter through Gates 1, 2, or 3.
- More tents will be on the field for shade.
- An event map will be available to provide event locations and menu.
- A PA system will be used to provide music, hourly announcements, and live speakers throughout Lane Stadium.
We are excited at the many options employees can choose from this year, whether it is to eat, relax, play a game, dance, sing, or get a health screening. Come out on Wednesday, May 17, and see for yourself!
For more information, read the campus notice or visit our website, which includes an event map.