Open enrollment for health insurance and flexible spending accounts ends May 15
From: Human Resources
Open enrollment for state-provided health insurance and flexible spending accounts (FSA) ends May 15.
No action is required for those who wish to continue the same insurance; however, flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care and the premium rewards discount must be renewed each year. Any changes made during open enrollment will be effective July 1, 2023.
Following is an overview of the changes for the 2023-24 plan year:
- Employee premiums have changed. (Premium and plan benefits may change subject to final state budget approval.)
COVA Care and COVA HDHP
- Anthem Diabetes Prevention Program: Digital health coaching program to reduce risk for Type 2 diabetes, at no cost to the member.
- Expanded virtual care: Virtual primary care and preventative care visits available through the Sydney Health mobile app at no cost to the member.
- LiveHealth Online dermatology: Consult a dermatologist virtually.
- In-home addiction treatment/in-home drug and alcohol addiction treatment program.
- MinuteClinic: In-person and virtual visits to the MinuteClinic at no cost to the member.
- Teledoc dermatology: Consult a dermatologist virtually.
COVA Care and COVA HealthAware
Earn premium rewards: Submit a health assessment during open enrollment to earn a monthly premium incentive. You can use the Sydney Health or Aetna Health App.
Health Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
The contribution maximum increases: You can put aside up to $3,050 in the 2023-24 plan year.
Human Resources will be offering Zoom information sessions for employees to review health insurance and FSA changes. Registration is not required for these sessions.
Employees are strongly encouraged to submit open enrollment changes through Cardinal Employee Self Service (ESS), the Virginia Department of Human Resources Management’s (DHRM) electronic submission portal. Changes must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. on May 15, 2023.
Not sure which health plan is the best for you?
Enrollment forms and supporting documents can also be submitted to Human Resources using their secure e-drop box. Paper forms should only be used if online access is unavailable.
Employees are reminded to review their Cardinal account and Virginia Tech pay stubs to ensure accurate health insurance and FSA elections. Health insurance and FSA deductions for the 2023-24 plan year will begin on the July 14, 2023, paycheck.
Please direct any questions to the HR Service Center at email@example.com or 540-231-9331.