Get reimbursed when using the caregiver of your choice for backup child and adult care
From: Human Resources
Did you know you can be reimbursed for using the day care or caregiver of your choice for backup child or adult care?
Simply contact your caregiver, and after backup care has been provided, visit Care.com and click the appropriate reimbursement button. To be reimbursed:
- Submit a claim. Care must have been provided in the last 30 days.
- Regular care expenses are not eligible.
- Submit a receipt. If your care provider does not have, one use this template.
Employees eligible for Care.com may be reimbursed up to $125 for caregiving services provided. Requests can be submitted online, through the app, or by phone.
Employees can tap into their child backup care benefit if schools or child care centers are closed, if they need to stay late or travel for work, if their normal caregiver is sick, or if they’re working from home but could use some help. Adult backup care is most often used when an employee’s loved one’s regular caregiver isn’t available.
Care.com offers employees child and adult backup care, a Care.com membership, and 24/7 access to Care Specialists. This benefit is available to all full-time faculty and staff across all Virginia Tech campuses and offices during a one-year pilot program.
To access Care.com:
- Sign up using your @vt.edu email at https://care.com/virginia-tech.
- Additional information can be found at https://www.hr.vt.edu/benefits/optional-benefits/Backup-child-elder-care.html.
For questions or more information, contact Care.com’s help center at 855-781-1303 or Hokie Wellness at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 540-231-8878.