TimelyCare, a no-cost mental health and wellness resource for employees, provides access to interpreters
From: Hokie Wellness
To better support those who may not be comfortable or able to communicate with a provider in English, LanguageLine for TimelyCare allows you to invite a trained interpreter into a virtual health session.
LanguageLine is the trusted language-access provider to top health care organizations throughout North America. By integrating LanguageLine, TimelyCare is able to provide access to over 11,000 on-demand interpreters in more than 240 languages.
This solution is available 24/7 for both on-demand and scheduled TimelyCare visits. It’s quick and easy to invite and connect an interpreter to a session. LanguageLine is HIPAA compliant.
How to access LanguageLine
To invite a clinically trained interpreter to your virtual health session, follow these steps:
- Start a virtual visit from TimelyCare on your computer.
- Select the interpreter icon on your screen.
- A confirmation modal will pop up that will confirm you’d like to add a translator to the call. This is where you can also cancel the request for a translator.
- Once confirmed, LanguageLine will be connected to the call.
- After the connection, an automated voice will ask you to say out loud the language you need a translator for.
- Once connected with your interpreter, the session will begin with your mental health provider. The translator will be able to speak to both the provider and you.
For assistance using LanguageLine in TimelyCare, call TimelyCare at (833) 484-6359.
TimelyCare is a virtual health service available to full-time faculty and staff and non-student wage employees.* Employees may access TimelyCare services regardless of their location in the United States. Employees can connect to TimelyCare by computer, tablet, or smartphone using their Virginia Tech email address. Both phone and video sessions are available.
To access TimelyCare, sign up with your @vt.edu email address at https://timelycare.com/virginiatech.