Care.com offers monthly webinars on family care needs
From: Hokie Wellness
Care.com is offering monthly webinars with advice and guidance from expert speakers in areas such as child care, senior care, financial literacy, emotional health, and more. Every month features seven webinars across seven topics.
The talks include these topics:
- Confident Parenting: This series offers parents strategies and insights to help them as they work to raise healthy and well-rounded children.
- Raising Children with Disabilities: Participants who are parenting a child or loved one with disabilities will get support and guidance from an advocate and expert.
- Caring for Aging Loved Ones: This series discusses caregiving challenges, experiences and resources and programs designed to help.
- Financial Wellness: Participants will explore strategies for planning financial goals and managing money to meet those goals.
- Your Healthy Lifestyle: Participants will get guidance and support from a Certified Health Coach so they can learn to live a healthier life.
- Emotional Wellness: Everyone faces stressful or difficult situations at some point. Participants will learn tips and techniques to help them be more resilient.
- Succeed at Work: This series will discuss strategies for improving skills, advancing careers, adapting to workplace change and performing to potential.
To register for Care Talks, visit http://www.care.com/business/care-talks.
Care.com offers employees child and adult backup care, a Care.com membership, and 24/7 access to Care Specialists. This benefit is available to all full-time faculty and staff across all Virginia Tech campuses and offices during a one-year pilot program.
To access Care.com:
- Sign up using your @vt.edu email at https://care.com/virginia-tech.
- Additional information can be found at https://www.hr.vt.edu/benefits/optional-benefits/Backup-child-elder-care.html.
A series of videos show how to use the features of Care.com app:
- How to Enroll in Family Care Benefits
- How to Search for a Caregiver
- How to Book In-Center Care
- How to Book In-Home Backup Care for Children
- How to get reimbursed for Personal Network Child Backup Care
- How to get reimbursed for Personal Network Adult Backup Care
For assistance or questions, contact Hokie Wellness at email@example.com or 540-231-8878.