Mental health and wellness resources available from TimelyCare
From: Hokie Wellness
Virginia Tech offers no-cost mental health and wellness resources to employees from TimelyCare.
TimelyCare is a virtual health service available to full-time faculty and staff and non-student wage employees.* Employees may access TimelyCare services regardless of their location in the United States. Employees can connect to TimelyCare by computer, tablet, or smartphone using their Virginia Tech email address. Both phone and video sessions are available.
TimelyCare offers employees three services:
- TalkNow, an on-demand service available 24/7 that connects an employee with a mental health professional to address issues promptly by telephone or video. It provides immediate care in a crisis.
- Twelve scheduled counseling appointments per academic year with counselors licensed in the state where the employee is located.
- Unlimited health coaching appointments providing information and guided sessions on well-being topics such as dealing with conflict, time management, exercise, sleep, nutrition, weight management, tobacco cessation, mindfulness, and more.
To access TimelyCare, sign up with your @vt.edu email address at https://timelycare.com/virginiatech.
- Complete a short health survey. All information shared with TimelyCare is confidential, secure, and HIPAA compliant.
- Click “Get Care.”
- Check out the Explore page for on-demand wellness content, including guided mindfulness and yoga videos and more.