Virginia Tech® home

Need to submit a maintenance request? Here's how

From: The Division of Campus Planning, Infrastructure, and Facilities

Need to submit a service request relating to housekeeping, grounds, health and safety, heating and cooling, plumbing, cabinetry and furniture, electrical, elevators, pest control, general repairs, and more? Here's how:

Submit a routine service request

Routine maintenance requests for all on-campus facilities should be submitted online. The online platform for maintenance requests provides real-time updates on the work completed. 

Routine maintenance requests for residence halls can also be called in to (540) 231-1111. 

Routine maintenance requests for educational and general use buildings can also be submitted to or (540) 231-4300.

Submit an emergency service request

  • Call (540) 231-4300 during normal business hours (7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) Monday through Friday. 
  • Outside of normal business hours or during holidays, call the Virginia Tech Police Department's non-emergency line at (540) 231-6411 to report the situation.

Leased-facility service requests

Responsibility for the maintenance and repair of leased facilities varies according to defined contractual conditions. University programs have received guidance on whether to submit information via a landlord portal or into the Virginia Tech work management system at 

Questions about using the online system may be directed to (540) 231-4300. 

For any modifications or renovations needed to a leased space, the Office of Real Estate Management should be your first point of contact and will guide you through the process depending on the unique circumstances of your situation. For more information, email

Customer-funded service requests

Send an Interdepartmental Service Request (ISR) through HokieMart to start the process for a new job or project that will be paid for by the requesting department (examples include making keys or signs, painting an office, moving and hauling, or renovating a space). The vendor's name should be "VT Facilities Services." More information on submitting an ISR is available.

Share this page