Search committee for vice president for finance and chief financial officer announced
A national search has been launched to recruit the next vice president for finance and chief financial officer at Virginia Tech.
Reporting to the executive vice president and chief operating officer and partnering with university stakeholders, the vice president and chief financial officer will provide key leadership in supporting the teaching, research, and outreach missions of the university. The vice president provides leadership and oversight to strategic financial planning, ensures overall management and integrity of the university's budget and financial environment, provides guidance for university business and financial initiatives, represents the university in its relationships with its related corporations, and is engaged in the processes of obtaining new resources and allocating resources such that goals and objectives are accomplished consistent with the university’s mission. The vice president is a key member of the President’s Council and is directly responsible for the oversight and management of the following areas within the university: Budget and Financial Planning, Capital Budgeting and Financing, Financial Management, University Controller, University Bursar, Finance Information Technology, Risk Management and Insurance, Procurement and Surplus Property, and the University Treasurer.
Rhonda Arsenault, senior associate vice president for advancement and chief operating officer, chairs the search committee.
Search committee members are:
- Beth Armstrong, associate vice president for enrollment management and director of student financial aid, University Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Jennifer Hundley, director for capital project implementation and reporting, Capital Budgeting and Financing
- Anne Keeler, chief financial officer, Virginia Tech Foundation
- Steve Kleiber, assistant dean for finance and administration, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Nam Ngyuen, executive director of energy and utilities, Division of Campus Planning, Infrastructure, and Facilities
- Justin Noble, chief audit executive, Office of Audit, Risk, and Compliance
- Minh-An Pence, human resources divisional director, Division of Information Technology
- Brennan Shepard, chief of staff, Office of the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
- Mark Sikes, dean of students, Dean of Students Office
- Vijay Singal, department head of finance, Pamplin College of Business
- Dan Sui, senior vice president for research and innovation, Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation
- Brad Sumpter, assistant vice provost for academic finance, Office of the Provost
- Aimee Surprenant, dean, Graduate School
Steve Filipiak, senior human resources division director for the Office of the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, will serve as the administrative contact, and Teresa Wright, executive assistant to the executive vice president and chief operating officer, will provide administrative support for the search committee.
The search committee welcomes nominations for the position. Virginia Tech has retained Greenwood Asher & Associates to assist with this search. For confidential inquiries or to nominate an individual for this position, please email our search partner:
Senior Executive Search Consultant
Vice President of Executive Search