Virginia Tech Board of Visitors to meet March 19-20
The Virginia Tech Board of Visitors will hold its quarterly board meeting on Monday, March 20, at 12:45 p.m. in Room 2100 in Torgersen Hall, 620 Drillfield Drive, on the Blacksburg campus.
All other committee meetings held during the two-day session will be held at The Inn at Virginia Tech, 901 Prices Fork Road, in Blacksburg unless otherwise noted.
On Sunday, March 19, at noon, all board members will meet in open session and attend an information session in Latham Ballroom CDEF. At 4 p.m., the committee chairs will meet in open session in the Cascades Room; if that group does not complete its work on March 19, it will meet on March 20 at 7 a.m. in the Cascades Room. If there is insufficient time to cover all topics at the information session, the capital outlay discussion would be moved to the joint Finance and Resource Management/Buildings and Grounds Committee meeting on Monday morning and any other topics would be moved to the full board meeting on Monday afternoon, all livestreamed.
In addition, on March 19 and 20, the following committee meetings will be held:
- On Monday, the Academic, Research, and Student Affairs Committee will meet at 9 a.m. in open session, followed by a meeting in closed session at 10:45 a.m. Both meetings will be held in Duck Pond Room.
- Also on Monday, the Buildings and Grounds Committee will meet jointly with members of the Finance and Resource Management Committee at 8 a.m. in open session in Latham Ballroom CDEF. At 9 a.m., Buildings and Grounds Committee members will meet in open session in Smithfield Room. At 10:15 a.m., committee members will depart The Inn at Virginia Tech to attend the dedication of the track and field/cross country head coach’s office in Cassell Coliseum, 675 Washington St., for Jerry Gaines ’71.
- On Sunday, the Compliance, Audit, and Risk Committee will meet in closed session at 9 a.m., followed by open session, in Cascades Room.
- The Finance and Resource Management Committee will meet Monday beginning at 9 a.m. in open session, followed by closed session at 10 a.m. Both meetings will be in Solitude Room.
- The Governance and Administration Committee will not convene during the two-day meeting.
During the two-day meeting, board members will receive updates and discuss 2023-24 tuition and fees (but will not consider a resolution). The board will defer setting tuition and fees until later in the spring pending further General Assembly action on the state’s biennial budget. Board members will receive additional updates on the campus utilities master plan, access and affordability, and experiential learning and will consider several resolutions, including those on IT monitoring, the 2024-2030 Capital Outlay Plan, and a new Master of Science degree in applied data science.
The Monday afternoon full meeting of the board Monday and the information session held Sunday afternoon will be livestreamed. To view either meeting, go to the Virginia Tech Board of Visitors website. If you encounter any issues with accessing the livestream, please contact Virginia Tech 4-Help at 540-231-2280.
Public comment will not be received during the two-day meeting. More information may be found at the Virginia Tech Board of Visitors website.