Media Advisory: Commonwealth Cyber Initiative Annual Symposium on April 17-18 in Richmond, Va.
Top Cybersecurity Researchers Discuss Advances and Opportunities
Arlington, Va. - The Commonwealth Cyber Initiative (CCI) Symposium will gather 300 cybersecurity researchers, students, government and industry stakeholders from across Virginia to discuss advanced research in securing networks, autonomous systems, artificial intelligence, and more. This annual all-hands meeting of top researchers throughout the state offers high-level discussions complemented by deep dives into advanced research.
When: April 17-18, 2023
Where: Omni Richmond Hotel, 100 S. 12 St., Richmond, Va.
Who: CCI is a consortium of 41 Virginia universities and colleges, industry and government partners. Focused on innovation, workforce development, and research, CCI is working to help Virginia become a leader in cybersecurity.
- Keynote Speaker: André Mendes, chief information officer at the U.S. Department of Commerce on April 17 at 1:45 p.m.
- State of CCI: CCI Executive Director Luiz DaSilva will review CCI’s programs and highlights and preview CCI’s path forward for the year ahead on April 17 at 1 p.m.
Topics on the Agenda:
- Bias in AI
- Cyber Investment
- Poster session with leading student researchers
- Briefings about social cybersecurity, NextG cybersecurity, and secure systems such as autonomous systems, the Internet of things, and quantum and data science
- Securing Human-Machine Interaction workshop: 15 research teams will give short briefings on their projects, field questions, and discuss future research efforts.
Media RSVP: media are invited to attend the event. To RSVP and schedule interviews with speakers onsite, please contact Michele McDonald at email@example.com or 703-201-3454. *Please note this invitation-only event has reached capacity for attendees.