Inaugural Undergraduate Student Senate ready to take office
After two weeks of rigorous campaigning, the inaugural Undergraduate Student Senate (USS) has been elected.
Led by an executive cabinet, the USS is one of the five university senates that champions the voice of the undergraduate students. The USS’s core values of approachability, accessibility, representation, stewardship, and integrity will guide the work. The 97 USS representatives are dedicated servant leaders who lift up Ut Prosim (That I May Serve) in their work as advocates, change makers, and collaborators.
Virginia Tech's Principles of Community are part of the critical foundation for the USS. Centered in lifting the needs and experiences of all undergraduate students, the USS representatives will have extensive opportunities for discussions on ways to remove barriers for undergraduate students.
Presenting your 2021-2022 inaugural Undergraduate Student Senate leadership:
- Dani Chowen, Human Development, Class of 2022
- Princess Merritt, Business Accounting, Class of 2025
- Elizabeth Durham, Biological Sciences, Class of 2023
- Helen Boyd, History, Class of 2022
- Ashlyn O’Neil, General Engineering, Class of 2025
- Kyle Hawley, National Security and Foreign Affairs, Class of 2025
- Ally Jett, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Class of 2023
- Micah Pamonag, National Security and Foreign Affairs, Class of 2024
- Jimmy Lowe, Business Information Technology, Class of 2024
- Samantha Corduan, Agricultural Science, Class of 2025
- John Carroll, Environmental Policy and Planning, Class of 2024
- Michael Ventura, Business, Class of 2025
- Eireann Maybach, Political Science and Communications, Class of 2025
- Alexander Efrid, Political Science, Class of 2025
College of Architecture and Urban Studies
- Alex Pomeroy, Landscape Architecture, Class of 2025
- Claudia Budzyn, Environmental Policy and Planning, Class of 2024
College of Engineering
- Mollie Dickler, Civil Engineering, Class of 2024
- Zachary Schmidt, Electrical Engineering, Class of 2023
- Katie Minutillo, General Engineering, Class of 2025
- Mekias Endale, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Class of 2023
College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences
- Sydney Livingston, Political Science, Class of 2023
College of Science
- Diego Valencia, Mathematics, Class of 2025
- Berk Tombuloglu, Biology, Class of 2024
Additionally, numerous University Chartered Student Organizations and the Corps of Cadets will have senatorial representation on the USS. Those leaders will be announced on the USS website.
On Nov. 3, the newly elected USS class will be inaugurated.The campus community is invited and encouraged to take part in this amazing tradition. Sign up to attend.
For more information on ways to engage with your USS representatives, please visit ussatvt.com and in future VT Student News editions.