University roadway improvements completed on-time, under budget
The campus portion of the Town of Blacksburg and Virginia Tech's intersection and roadway improvement project which began in the summer of 2008 is now complete.
The project includes improvements that will increase the intersection and road network capacity and allow traffic to flow more smoothly therefore, decreasing delays and congestion.
Some of the improvements include
- A new traffic signal at West Campus Drive and Perry Street;
- Dedicated right turn lanes off of Prices Fork Road onto West Campus Drive and onto Stanger Street;
- New pedestrian signals with countdown timers, improved crosswalks, and handicap accessible ramps;
- New bike lanes built to meet the Virginia Department of Transportation and federal standards; and
- Several additional turn lanes and/or longer turn lanes at all associated intersections.
In collaboration with the Town of Blacksburg, Virginia Department of Transportation and Virginia Tech, this project was completed on time and under budget.